I/O COORDINATOR - MTL
I/O COORDINATOR - MTL
Our I/O Coordinator will deal with digital assets entering and leaving the facility via electronic and physical media and will support rendering on feature films. In this entry-level but mission critical role, I/O coordinators have broad interaction with production artists, coordinators, supervisors, technical support leads and clients.
- Responsible for monitoring disk servers, performing backups/restores, and handling incoming/outgoing data transfers.
- Maintain data and asset tracking.
- Prepare incoming/outgoing data transfers
- Collect files from clients and vendors and prepare deliveries back to them.
- Monitor servers and studio queue system; escalates issues as needed
- Troubleshoot and correct failing tasks.
- Partners with other production personnel to ensure shots are scheduled and delivered in a timely manner.
- Coordinates all client deliveries (outgoing and incoming), both physical deliveries and digital deliveries and maintains log of all deliveries.
- Technical QA of all masters and digital files, grade conforms and project archiving.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 2+ years proven production experience in VFX facility.
- Systems administration skills and general technical troubleshooting experience.
- Shotgun, Deadline, Aspera Connect,RV/FrameCycler, que Monitor, Listing Tools, Adobe Pro/Reader, MS Office Suite, intermediate Excel skills (required)
- Filezilla, Mozilla Thunderbird, 7zip/Winrar or any forExperience with Shotgun, and tracking/asset Management databases. (required)
- After Effects, Adobe Media Encoder, Photoshop, Greenshot, One Click downloader (preferred)
- Troubleshoot technical issues; can work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with heavy schedule management in a very time sensitive atmosph
- Excellent client facing customer service skills.
- Diligent, resourceful, meticulous and able to thrive under pressure.
- Understanding of CG/VFX production pipelines, software packages and postproduction (preferred)
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of project management, dependencies and deadline driven deliveries.
- Effective communication and interaction skills; across multiple teams with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to work very flexible hours, including weekends, evenings, nights, or when production schedule requires.
- Ability to work OT, flexible hours, on call
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.