RIGGING DEVELOPMENT ARTIST - MTL
RIGGING DEVELOPMENT TD
Reporting to Rigging Technical Supervisor. The Rigging Development TD designs, builds, and maintains in-house asset development and rigging infrastructure. They will be focusing both on long term work flow solutions that enable Scanline VFX to produce higher quality assets quickly and easily, as well as maintenance and troubleshooting of our existing code base. Demonstrated Advanced skill level and up with; Maya API, Python, and QT.
- Works daily with Rigging Management team to identify and implement existing and new features
- Attends daily scrum meetings
- Designs and builds QT UI toolsets to augment the existing rigging pipeline
- Prototype custom geometry deformers
- Attends production meetings as need for information and requirements gathering
- Writes Technical Briefs and provide supporting documentation
- Identifies early areas of improvement; escalate issues as needed
- Various tasks assigned as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 2+ years’ experience in VFX, Gaming, or similar development environment
- Good understanding of rigging for VFX, including parallel evaluation and GPU programming
- Solid knowledge of software design
- Maya API, Python, QT (required)
- C++, Shotgun, 3DsMax (plus)
- BA Computer Science, Math, or similar discipline (plus)
- Experience delivering complete milestones/tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Eye for detail, initiative, and excellent organizational skills
- Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong trouble shooting/problem solving ability
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself, why you are applying for this position and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.