SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR [JUNIOR-MID]
Seeking a challenge where you will do the best work of your career?
"FOLLOW" us on linkedin for job board updates.
The Junior Systems Administrator assists in supporting all technical operations of our Vancouver studio. Day-to-day tasks include basic help desk support via a ticketing system supporting 350+ users, quickly and effectively responding to alerts and emergencies as well as the general preparation and maintenance of critical and periphery infrastructure. Junior Systems Administrators are also expected to continually learn and grow with the team
- Provide organization-wide help desk and server support
- Assist in addressing business and technical needs
- Work independently and in teams on administrative and technical projects
- Provision and maintain employee equipment
- Monitoring and maintenance of a variety of physical and logical systems
- Collect and analyze data to report on the health of systems
- Respond to and assist in resolving incidents and emergencies
- Timely completion of tasks assigned primarily through a ticketing system
- Learn open and proprietary hardware and software systems
- Stay current with industry standards and emerging technologies
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in a computer science, engineering, physics or mathematics;
- 2+ years experience in a systems administration role
- Visual effects industry, gaming industry, software entertainment industry (preferred)
- Team player with ability to work individuality.
- Ability to deliver milestones/tasks under tight deadlines.
- Fundamental understanding of, and experience using and supporting:
- Windows, Mac OS X and Linux desktop and server systems.
- Local and networked storage systems
- Networking theory and practice (e.g. TCP/IP, VLANs, link aggregation, routing)
- Common network services/protocols (e.g. DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SMB, NFS)
- Computing and Internet standards (e.g. RFC, ISO, IEEE)
- Common office applications (e.g. Microsoft Office/Excel, E-mail Clients)
- Modern computer hardware
- Office equipment (e.g. printers, scanners)
- Server rooms/data centers
- Ability to:
- Work independently and in a team
- Work flexible hours
- Work effectively under pressure
- Learn quickly and independently
- Be highly organized
- Quickly and methodically troubleshoot and solve problems
- Effectively communicate technical ideas to “non-technical” people
- Effectively manage time (especially one's own) and resources
- Experience with and basic understanding of:
- Storage clusters (e.g. NetApp, Isilon, Avere)
- Intel, Cisco, Extreme and Juniper 1GbE and 10GbE networking equipment
- Render farms or high performance, distributed computing and storage clusters
- VoIP systems
- PCoIP systems
- DevOps systems and practices
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.