RIGGER - VAN - [SENIOR]
Follow us on LinkedIn for job board updates.
The Rigging artist designs, develops, tests, trouble shoots, maintains, and implements rigs for all aspects for VFX and 3D animation projects related to film, TV and commercials. They support studio wide and production project requirements including characters, vehicles, environment and other various aspects. They are responsible for coordination and scheduling of task deliverables. They oversee and mentor junior team members.
- Develop studio tool improvements to the rigging pipeline
- Works with production team to create the desired animation controls and qualities for objects and characters
- Tests and trouble shoots animation controls and makes adjustments as necessary throughout the production cycle
- Receives direction from leadership and escalates issues quickly, as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Experience is an asset
- 1 year post grad Diploma/Certificate (preferred)
- 2 - 3 years VFX Rigging in feature films using Maya
- 2 - 3 years experience using Maya (required), Python/Mel (required), 3Ds Max (bonus)
- Experience delivering complete milestones/tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Eye for detail, initiative and excellent organizational skills
- Team player who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong trouble shooting/problem solving ability
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.