DIGITAL PRODUCTION MANAGER - VAN
Celebrating over 25 years in the industry, Scanline VFX specializes in creating complex visual effects for high end, block buster feature films with studios worldwide: Vancouver, Los Angeles, Munich, and Stuttgart. Founded in Germany, the company expanded to Los Angeles in 2007 and opened the largest studio in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia in 2011. In 2015 it won the Emmy for Outstanding Visual Effects for their work on Game of Thrones. Scanline VFX has received multiple Academy Award Nominations for Best Achievement in Visual Effects: 2014 for Iron Man 3 and in 2010 for its work on director Clint Eastwoods Hereafter. We are also well known for our proprietary, in-house fluid effects software Flowline, for which it received a 2008 Scientific and Technical Achievement Academy Award.
Today, it is one of the biggest names in the industry and the go-to studio for creating epic, breathtaking cinematic moments. Current productions include: Justice League: Part 2, Meg, Black Panther, Tomb Raider, Aquaman, and several other projects to be announced soon.
Recent projects include Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, Power Rangers, The Promise, Batman vs Superman: Independence Day Resurgence, Ben Hur, Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, Dawn of Justice, Game of Thrones, Furious 7, San Andreas, The 5th Wave, Point Break, Hateful 8, and In the Heart of the Sea. Past films include Exodus, The Hunger Games Mockingjay, 300: Rise of an Empire, Captain America: Winter Soldier, White House Down, Godzilla, The Wolf of Wall Street, Snowpiercer, Journey 2, Blackhat, Man of Steel, Iron Man 3, Looper, Cloud Atlas, A Good Day to Die Hard, The Amazing Spiderman, Divergent, Pompeii, Iron Man 3, Into the Storm, The Avengers, Battleship, The Invasion, Poseidon, Immortals, Super 8, 2012, Hereafter, 300, Poseidon, and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.
Scanline VFX offers a leading edge creative, collaborative team environment working with brilliant talent from around the globe. Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, BC the studio is steps from transit, the best in the city's trendy Yaletown dining and Robson high street shopping. On site amenities include a lounge/nightclub with big screen projector tv, pool table and foosball tables, over-sized patios and rooftop deck kitchen & BBQ areas, secure bicycle storage, massage chairs, showers and lockers. Experience fun team events, parties, sporting activities, local business discounts and much more.
Seeking a challenge where you will do the best work of your career?
"FOLLOW" us on linkedin for job board updates.
Digital Production Manager
The Digital Production Manager (DPM) reports to the VFX Producer and oversees the day-to-day operations of project, people and process. Partnering with the VFX Producer, Technical + Art Directors and Supervisors, the DPM creates milestones and manages scope in order to deliver the show on schedule and budget.
- Manage and oversees project, people and process to deliver shows on time and on budget.
- Works with stakeholders to determine milestones, deliverables and scope of show/project and maximizes efficiencies in the production line and overall studio/facility.
- Partners with VFX Coordinators to create detailed plan to break down tasks for the team and ensure the schedule of work is on track.
- Coordinates with I/O Coordinators and Editors to oversee render queue prioritization to ensure effectiveness and adherence to show schedules.
- Delivers ongoing clear goals and deadlines for sequences, and processes to the team and studio.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 3 + years VFX experience is similar position; with major feature films, additional commercial or episodic experience a plus. Outsource experience preferred, but not required.
- Shotgun or other production management/database software expertise. Advanced Excel (required)
- Experience building facility VFX pipelines with strong understanding of VFX software packages; interest in and understanding of technological advancements within the industry.
- Leadership; capable of motivating team members & performance management
- Organized and methodical in approach to work.
- Clear in planning, tasks and deliverables with artists, supervisors and client
- Works well under pressure and when working to tight deadlines.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.