PAINT/ROTO - VAN
Follow us on LinkedIn for job board updates.
Reporting to the Paint/Roto Supervisor, the Paint/Roto artist supports and partners with compositors to integrate seamlessly all elements of a shot to the highest level of VFX "realism" for major feature films.
Roto tasks include;
- 2D Camera Tracking,
- Character roto-scoping (2+ years experience)
- Motion Blur (2+ years experience)
Paint tasks include:
- Frame by Frame
- Camera Projections
- Plate restoration
- Colour correction
- Tracking Marker Removal
- Rig and Wire Removal
- Green Screen Clean up
- Dust Busting
- Complete assigned tasks effectively; able to troubleshoot and QA own work to the highest quality
- Attend production meetings; complete corrections/revisions based on feedback and partner with compositors to complete shots
- Able to provide estimates for workflow and schedules; deliver high quality of work under tight deadlines
- Train, mentor and support Junior staff
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Degree/Diploma in Digital Media Arts (preferred)
- 4+ years experience working in major (realism) feature films
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge/experience with Nuke, Silhouette, Mocha (required), and Maya (preferred)
- Ability to receive and implement feedback quickly and effectively; takes direction well
- Strong written and oral communication skills, team player, and time management skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision; strong trouble shooting/problem solving ability; escalates issues as needed
- Knowledge of Photography + traditional are background and asset
(nb: stereoscope experience not applicable)
HOW TO MAKE YOUR APPLICATION STAND OUT
- APPLY ONLY ONCE.
We keep your resume on file for 6 months so no need to apply again unless there are significant changes or unless you're applying for a different position.
- ALWAYS APPLY WITH THE SAME EMAIL
We want to be able to reach you easily and much of our correspondence is via email and this helps us keep your information together in one file. That way you're not lost in the system.
- Resume - Include in your resume the names of the company's you worked with and the dates you were there. Max 2 pages.
- Cover Letter - tell us a little about yourself and what makes you the ideal candidate.
- Reel Breakdown - demonstrates what you did on each shot and the tools used - Go ahead! Show off your talent/skills here.